*Inspired by Silk’s Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
1 cup raw cane sugar
1 teaspoon molasses
1/4 cup dark chocolate almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
12-16 ounces chocolate chips
* I prefer to use all organic ingredients
– Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
– With a stand mixer or hand mixer, mix butter, coconut oil, sugar and molasses until light and fluffy.
– Add chocolate almond milk and vanilla and blend slowly.
– Gently incorporate flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
– Fold in chocolate chips.
– With a cookie scoop, place on cookie sheet. (for best results, I use a baking stone)
– Bake at 350° Fahrenheit for approximately 11-12 minutes. Cooking times will vary — I found that I had to bake these cookies a little longer than typical chocolate chip cookies. Cool five minutes or until set.